Feb 21, 2015

Your (Algo's) Song

Elton Johh - Your Song

music by Elton John (You Tube)

(to be sung by your favorite algo)

It's a little bit giddy, this feeling inside
That’s not the sort of trade one could easily hide
I don't have much money but, boy if I did
I'd mortgage my house and fade your hopeful bids

And don’t tell anybody that was your trade
It must seem quite obvious, now that it's failed
I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind
That I took the other side
How wonderful life is while you're in the market

I sat on the pivot and captured your loss
Well, a few of your trades
Were like a rhino playing lacrosse
But I know I've not been kind
To you in this song
But you must learn quickly
Or you’ll never last long

So excuse me forgetting
But my memory’s not strong
You see I've forgotten
If you were short, or were long
Anyway, the thing is – I hate to be so mean
Yours were the dumbest trades I've ever seen

But, I won’t tell anybody that was your trade
It’s really quite simple, ‘cause now
You know you've been played
I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind
That I offer these words:
How difficult trading is in a post-algo world